Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who is Jesus to me?

This topic is too big for me and I am the first to admit that. There is no way I can convey who Jesus is and deliver it in a way that does this topic due justice. I can tell you the miracles He did in the Bible and in my life. Sometimes I can answer the question: "What would Jesus do?" All I can do is share who Jesus is to me and hope He will use it to His glory. It is my hope and prayer you will be blessed and encouraged. It is difficult for me to speak this list audibly because I get blessed before I finish. Hopefully you will be touched in your heart for who Jesus is to you by the time I finish.

And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am? And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets. And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.
(Mark 8:27-29)

His disciples knew who He was. He is the Christ, the Messiah, the Holy One of God! Jesus, according to the opening verse of the Gospel of John, is the Word who was from the beginning. He is to be revered and also regarded as friend. Jesus is the One who walks with me in the fiery furnace of the trials I go through. He is the One who "sticks closer than a brother" according to Proverbs 18:24 . He is my High Priest who has sprinkled His own sinless blood on the Mercy Seat of my heart for the forgiveness of my sins. He dwells in the Holy of Holies, which is the heart of my soul. He calls me His Temple according to 1 Corinthians 6:19. He is Grace personified and it is in His eyes when He looks upon me. Jesus is the One who put a rainbow in my heart ending the flood of sin in my life. He is the Balm of Gilead and the Lily of the Valley. He is my Bright and Morning Star. My Lord is my Cloud by day and my Fire by night, guiding me through the wilderness of this world. Jesus is my Fortress, my Shield, my Buckler and yes, He is my Friend who I can cast all of my cares upon. Jesus is the sick person who I visited as an act of kindness. He is the person in prison who I go to visit and encourage. Jesus is the hungry one who I gave food to or the thirsty person who I gave a drink of water to. He is my Lord, my Savior, my God! I could go on! As I said, there is no possible way I can tell you all He is to me. He is my Everything! I only want you to dwell on one question today. Who is Jesus to you?

Father, I have said this the best I know how. I ask you will be able to use it for your glory. I pray for all who read this that you would bring to mind who Jesus is to them. I ask you would use this for them to draw closer to you. I ask that you would draw close to them. I thank you and praise you for the blessing you are to me. I am so happy that I am your child. I ask you would undertake each and every concern those who read this have today and fill them with your peace. I ask these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment