Friday, May 28, 2010

I have no luck at all

I want to ask a question. How lucky are you? I mean on a scale of one to ten how lucky would you say you are? I hear this term "lucky" a lot. I have always heard this term. I have even used it myself. Or when something doesn't go the way you want it to you refer to it as bad luck. So here we have the concept of good luck and bad luck. One form being good and the other bad. I have a verse I want to share with you today.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(Ecclesiastes 3:1)


This verse just destroyed your concept of luck. According to this verse, it doesn't exist. Everything happens for a reason. Some things we like and others we don't like. Everything happens for a reason. So what do we have instead? We have providence. God is in control. He controls situations to the smallest detail. Think of how your body is made. According to science you are an organism comprised of cells and amino acids and a lot of other parts. According to God, you were created in His image and He gave you what you need. According to science. evolution is the accepted theory. There was this big bang thing and a bunch of goo that formed an amoeba. Now that would be lucky!! No gambling house on earth would allow you in if you were that lucky! You would break the bank!! There is no luck in gambling. The odds favor the house. It's not luck..it's math. I use this only as an illustration. Gambling is not an activity I recommend for anyone. Most evolutionists don't believe in God. I don't believe in evolution. What happened is God made you and everything you know. When you think about it...there is much more logic in that.

I read in the book of Acts about Paul and what he went through. If there was ever a case of bad luck he would have it. He was ridiculed. He had a bounty on him. He was arrested and thrown into prison. He was stoned, shipwrecked, bitten by a snake!! He did get the gospel of Christ out, didn't he? God allowed these things to happen for a reason. So many lives are still being touched this day by his ministry. Oh yes...God has a plan and He is in control. Make no mistake about it. I suppose I write this because so many people believe in chance. It is frustrating to me and I think it hurts God's feelings. I believe it really hurts Him when a Christian believes in chance situations. He loves you so much!! You are not here by chance or luck. You are someone He wants to be here. He put you here and has allowed you to have a choice. You can choose Christ and allow God to be sovereign or you can reject Him and take your chances. How lucky do you feel?

My Father in Heaven, I do praise you and exalt your name above all. I thank you for allowing me to be here and to have the choice to come to you. I thank you that there is nothing which happens by chance circumstance but you are always in control all the time. I thank you for that and I ask you would guide me and help me to choose things wisely. I pray once again for all who read this. May you encourage them and give them just what is needed for their individual situations. You know all of their hearts Lord. You know them better than they know themselves. Bless them and keep them I pray Lord. Draw them ever closer to yourself. On a personal note Lord, I would ask for the healing of my friend Debbie who is so very ill. I am giving over this matter to your mercy and love. I am expecting life over death. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment