Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Father

I remember, when I was very young, nothing could harm me as long as my dad was around. I really felt so safe and secure. He gave me confidence to do things that I would not have done on my own. He was there for my first fishing trip, hunting trip, and my first day of school. I was, and still am, a terrible hunter. :) I lost my father when I was 17 and I miss him very much. I still have all of those memories that he left me with though. Thinking of him reminded me of something.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 19:14) KJV

Being with my father brought out the best in me. The faith I had was pure and undefiled. My heavenly Father, through Jesus, brings forth that same pure faith. The faith of a child. When I am walking in communion with Jesus, all is right with the world. I can attempt any task, and He gives me the confidence and assurance that He is right there with me. I personally try not to over think this with a lot of theology. I want to keep my faith in Him like that of a little child. Simple and pure.

Father, I thank you for being my father. I thank you for Jesus and the fact that I can come to you with anything that is on my mind. For the fact that you are there with me through all of the things I face in life, the good and the bad. Help me to keep my heart pure before you like that of a child. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. He's indeed the Father to the Fatherless!

    Praise Him forever!

    Your Daily Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is indeed! He is a Father to all that will accept His son as Savior. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete