Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nothing is Impossible

How many times in your life have you come up against something that you thought was impossible? What did you do? Did you try to work on the situation yourself? Did you worry about it? Or did you take the problem to the Lord? I think that should be the first course of action. The prophet Jeremiah was told that Jerusalem would be taken captive by the Babylonians. God was quite angry. As I read what the Lord told Jeremiah, my mind fell on one particular verse which has given me hope and encouragement through the years.

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
(Jeremiah 32:27) KJV

The reason I use this verse today is because it is my favorite verse in scripture. I claim this verse often and use it sometimes in my prayers to God. When I see this verse. My heart is moved. My soul is encouraged. Is there anything too hard for God? Of course there isn't. I may not see one way out of a situation that I am in. The Lord probably knows over a thousand ways out of any given situation. Maybe more! I remember one time I was looking for work a long time ago, and our creditors were really giving us a hard time. We turned the phone off to keep from hearing the phone ring. This was bad since the phone was the only way that I could get a call back from the applications that I had turned in. A job was the only way that I would be able to pay these bills that I had accumulated. My wife and I talked about calling one potential employer back and we prayed and put it in the hands of God. I picked up the phone to make the call, and the potential employer was on the other end of the line. I had picked the phone up at the right micro second that they called! I got the job by the way. Now what is it that God cannot do? If you know, please tell me. I am all ears. That is just one of many examples that I could give. You see, God takes care of His children just the way you would try to take care of yours. He loves them, just like you love yours. He just happens to have more of a capacity for love than we do. There is no doubt in God. There is only love and perfect knowledge. He knows your situation and He knows your concern. He knows how you plan, and He knows if you don't plan at all. He knows you! He loves you! So the next time you have something that you think is too hard to overcome, take it to God first. Is there anything to hard for God?

Father, I praise you for who you are. The fact that you are able to do above what I ask for is beyond my limited comprehension. I thank you for your love and care of me. I thank you for having my best interest at hand. Let me never, O Lord, be afraid to take anything to you. No matter how big or small the problem, help me to bring it before you. I praise you and thank you this day in the name of Jesus, the name above all names. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. It's strange how things can come all together when you least expect it. I'm struggling to find my faith again, to put all my troubles before God so I can get them straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Laura, it is those times that we struggle with our faith that makes us stronger in the end. To temper steel you have to heat it red hot and cool it off quick. Diamonds are just bits of coal that have been under intense pressure for a long time. The roughest times in my life have always preceded the greatest blessings. It makes us wiser as well. God doesn't always work things out the way we want, but always the way we need. I hope that you have a very good day. I really enjoy seeing that you have been here. Be assured that I will be praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With man, things may be impossible but with God absolutely nothing is impossible! praise be his name!

    Your Daily Word

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I have yet to find the thing that God cannot do! I join with you in praise to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have posted about testimony on how God had been good. I encourage you to leave yours here for the glory of the Lord!
    Testimony

    ReplyDelete