Friday, April 17, 2009

God's will

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Knowing the will of God should be paramount in the life of a Christian. Sometimes that is easier said than done, but it is not near as difficult as it sounds. God does not work according to our time schedules and sometimes we don't know what to do until the task is at hand. Much of this is done according to faith. Some is according to obedience of what we know is the will of God. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is a part of every true Christian helping them stay in the will of God. He comforts us, guides us, warns us, and convicts us of sin. He tells me when to witness and tells me to shut up when it is time. To grieve the Holy Spirit is a gut wrenching experience at best. It should be this way when we have stepped out of the will of God. He only does this because of his love for us. No one can ever love you the way that God does. Being in his will is really natural for the Christian because of the new nature that we have in Christ. Refer to 2 Corinthians 5:17, it is a wonderful passage as well as a comforting promise. Praying is part of his will. Studying the scriptures is part of his will. A genuine concern for the welfare of others is part of his will.

You do however, need to realize that you cannot be everything for everyone. It is important to not make yourself feel guilty or weary because you cannot do all of the things someone wants you to do. Remember, it is God's will we are concerned with here. Not man's. There is so much more that I could say, but really the best way to know the will of God for me is to just ask him. He wants you to be in his will. He will help you by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you Father for who you are. Thank you for having my welfare at hand and guide me in your perfect will this day. May I be a blessing to you, and to the people I meet, by the way I conduct myself according to your will. May the Holy Spirit empower me and guide me with what is needed in these encounters. Be with those that read this message and impart to them your blessings. In the name of Christ Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment